What to do in Bruges: must-sees and unusual places
You want to visit the cultural and charming city of Bruges? But you wonder what to do in Bruges when it rains, in 1 day or on Sunday? Discover all the cultural highlights of the city as well as some unusual places to discover to fully enjoy your visit. You will be able to plan your visit so that the whole family can enjoy it and spend unforgettable moments in the city of Bruges.
The city’s must-see museums
The cultural offer of the city of Bruges is wide. However, among all the museums present in the city, we advise you to visit the following:
- Belfort: this 83 meters high belfry, located on the Grote Markt of Bruges, will give you a magnificent view on the city;
- Begijnhof : listed as a world heritage site, this historical place is very nice to visit;
- Choco-Story : chocolate museum which offers tastings and workshops on traditional Belgian chocolates.
What to do in Bruges: unusual places
Among the many districts of the city: Steenstraat, Magdalena, Langestraat, Sint-Gillies or Sint-Anna, there are unusual places to discover! Here are some of them:
- St. John’s Mills: a museum located in a mill that offers a beautiful panorama of the city;
- Frietmuseum : discover the origins of Belgian fries in this original and playful museum, which will certainly please the young public, and taste real Belgian fries at the end of your visit;
- Street art streets: admire the murals on the wall in the streets Koning Albert I-laan, Hauwersstraat, Predikherenstraat or Vuldersreitje.
A few more ideas for activities
Would you like more ideas for visits? Are you wondering what to do in Bruges when it’s raining, in one day or on Sunday? We give you many activities to do when it rains or during the weekend.
What to do in Bruges when it rains?
When you wonder what to do in Bruges when it’s raining, a visit to a museum seems like a good idea. Take the opportunity to discover interactive museums such as the beer museum, the chocolate museum or the Fries museum. Indeed, this allows you to discover the culture of the city while living an immersive and playful experience.
What to do in Bruges in 1 day?
Wondering what to do in Bruges in 1 day? If you don’t have much time, take a walk along the canals and on the Grand Place. You can also climb to the top of the Belfry to admire the city as a whole and taste some of the local specialties such as Belgian fries or chocolate.
What to do in Bruges on Sunday?
Wondering what to do in Bruges on Sunday? Although many stores are closed, the cultural life of the city continues and many museums are open. This is the case of the Frietmuseum, open every day from 10 am to 5 pm, Saturdays and Sundays, even during school vacations and public holidays. You can also enjoy the beautiful facades that are part of the preserved cultural heritage of the city. Want to go for a ride on the water? Every weekend, boats sail on the city’s canals.
Combined tickets for a complete cultural experience
In order to enjoy the rich cultural offer of the city and at the same time benefit from attractive offers, many museums offer combination tickets. For example, you can book a combined ticket for the Frietmuseum and Choco-Story Bruges, The Chocolate Museum on our online ticketing service. We also offer group bookings to celebrate birthdays for example. Located in the heart of Bruges, our museums are easily accessible from the surrounding municipalities like Knokke-Heist, Zedelgem, Heist. Book your tickets!